Adding a custom library to Arduino IDE

Yesterday I posted how I had no idea how to add the nanopb library to the Arduino IDE given that it does not appear in the IDE's Library Manager. This is probably very basic to most Arduino folks, it was as simple as manually adding the library to the Arduino's libraries folder! On Windows 7 this is "My Documents/Arduino/libraries".

Commands in cygwin terminal:
cd $HOME/My\ Documents/Arduino/libraries/
git clone https://github.com/nanopb/nanopb

Restart the Arduino IDE and it is ready to use, simple!

I've validated that I can now compile this ESP8266 MQTT example project. For reference, here is another interesting article on this subject: Internet of Things Applications with MQTT and nanopb Protocol Buffers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Java control of WS2811 / WS2812 LED Strips (aka NeoPixels)

Remote communication options